Kirton Brass recently played in Ayscoughfee Gardens, Spalding om Sunday 8th. A big crowd gathered to hear the band and the weather ws just perfect, all finished off with a tremendous applause. The band will be playing again this at Southfiled House Garden Fete, Spalding on Saturday 21st 2pm and also the next day, Sunday 22nd at Bourne Park from 3pm. We give you all an invitation to come along and support us.
Tickets for our Last Night of the Proms on 16th October are still at the printing stage, but if you would like to reserve tickets as I shall be away for the first half of September, please contact me Tony Fell on 01775762775.
- WELL FOLKS IT’S NEARLY UPON US, THAT IS OUR 140TH ANNIVERSARY CONCERT AND I’M SURE WE ARE ALL GETTING EXCITED… OR IS JUST NERVES?
- GEORGE REMINED US ALL THAT IS 2YRS SINCE HE FIRST MENTIONED CELEBRATING OUR 140YRS AND I KNOW A LOT OF HARD WORK AND PREPARATON HAS GONE INTO THIS REMARKABLE CELEBRATION SINCE THEN, WELL DONE AND THANKS TO GEORGE AND ALL WHO HAVE DONE THEIR BIT TO MAKE THIS ALL POSSIBLE.
- I KNOW THAT WE CAN MAKE NOT ONLY GEORGE PROUD OF US BUT ALSO THE WHOLE OF THE COMMUNITY AND MAKE IT AN UNFORGETTABLE EVENING FOR ALL TO REMEMBER,
- FOR MANY YEARS TO COME.
- I HOPE YOU WERE ABLE TO TUNE INTO BBC RADIO LINCOLNSHIRE ON WEDNESDAY MORNING. BOTH GEORGE AND PHILIP SPOKE VERY WELL INSPITE OF IT BEING “OFF THE CUFF” SO TO SPEAK AND THE BAND SOUNDED GOOD TOO IN THE FIRST FEW BARS OF KIRTON 140.
- HELEN BELL OF THE BBC SENDS HER SINCEREST APOLOGIES FOR HER MISTAKE, AS IT HAPPENS, IN GIVING MELVYN PRIOR THE WRONG NIGHT FOR THE CONCERT AND HOPEFULLY THEY WIL BE ABLE TO PUT IT RIGHT. (I HAD ONE FRANTIC LADY RINGING ME YESTERDAY ASKING IF IT WAS US OR THEY WHO HAD GOT IT WRONG?-COULD YOU IMAGINE IF WE’D GOT IT WRONG?) IF YOU WANT T LISTEN TO THE INTERVIEW AGAIN THEN JUST LOG ONTO THEIR WEBSITE AND FOLOW THE LINK-“LISTEN AGAIN AT THE TOP RIGHT HAND CORNER OF THE PAGE AND CHOOSE THE DATE. I HAVE ASKED FOR A COPY OF THE INTERVIEW FOR POSTRITY SAKE SOUTH HOLLAND RADIO
- THEY WILL BE WITH US ON SATURDAY AND THEY WILL BE MILLING AROUND LOOKING OUT FOR ONE OR TWO MEMBERS TO CHAT TO. I HAVE REQUESTED THEM NOT TO DO ANY FILMING TO WHICH THEY HAVE AGREED. ON WEDNESDAY THEY CAME TO INTERVIEW ME AT HOME, UNFORTUNATELY GEORGE WAS UNABLE TO ATTEND, BUT LEFT IT WITH ME. THE INTERVIEW WAS BUILT AROUND THE HISTORY OF THE BAND AND WHAT WE DO FOR THE WIDER COMMUNITY AND WHAT OUR HOPES ARE FOR THE FUTURE. THIS INTERVIEW WILL BE PART OF AN ONGOING PROJECT FOR AN HOUR LONG PROJECT THAT SOUTH HOLLAND RADIO ARE INTERESTED IN DOING, COUPLED WITH WHAT THEY RECORDED LAST YEAR. PLEASE SEE THE TRANSCRIPT OF THE SORT OF QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS BOTH GEORGE AND I WERE INTERVIEWED WITH, GEORGE WITH TULIP FM.
- SO ENJOY YOURSELVES ON SATURDAY
- “What a wonderful evening it was!!!” That was some of the comments that I overheard after last Saturdays’ 140th Concert and I have to agree that it was something “rather special” in our band’s history don’t you think? Whenever we face something as big as this I’m always reminded that it is bit like Christmas- preparations, frantic organising, tinged with that bit of excitement as we head for the big day, then glad when its’ all over! Then it’s time to reflect and time to relax for those working hard behind the scenes. I was really proud of the band, not only in its’ playing but how we all came together to make it special. I was pleased that the seating worked out well. It really seemed as though we were going to be at one point overfull, and I know Steve was going mad inside as to where we were going to seat 300, but just to explain about the tickets, my original order was for 250 tickets initially and then I had 50 more printed making 300, I thought we had sold 300 but on checking, the printers had only done 200 plus 50. When I told Steve, He said “thank goodness for that!” with a big sigh of relief no doubt! and didn’t our youth band do well? Julie and Richard, brilliant, keep up the hard work, your efforts are really showing.
- BBC Radio Lincolnshire
- I heard from Helen Bell, our interviewer, that they repeated the interview on Saturday 15th together with the “correct” date for which they apologised, so George and Philip got a double airing. We can send for a copy of it, but I think Garry said that if anyone wants a copy he will email it to you, Thanks Garry!
- This is the next item on the agenda of our celebrations. I think I can safely say we’re all looking forward to it, and it will a good social affair for us as we don’t get together much outside the bandroom. What are we playing I wonder? We’ll wait and see.